Italy’s Salvini calls France an “international disgrace” over border incident

Invasion of Europe news….

Italian Interior Minister says that last Friday French police drove across the Italian border and deposited two (believed to be African) migrants in a rural forested area.

The headline at the UK Express blares:

France is an ’international DISGRACE!’ Salvini furious over migrant dumping incident

 

ITALY’S right-wing Deputy Premier and Interior Minister Matteo Salvini branded France an “international disgrace” on Tuesday for having driven two migrants across its border and dumping them in Italy.

Salvini and Macron

French President Macron (left) and Italian Interior Minister Salvini are locked in an ideological battle for the future of Europe. 

Mr Salvini rejected Paris’ apology for what it described as an honest “mistake,” prompting the French presidency to accuse him of deliberately “politicising” Friday’s incident.

An Elysée Palace spokesperson said: “We must put things into perspective. It was a mistake – the local prefecture admitted it had made a mistake.”

Italy asked France for “clarifications” after witnesses reported seeing a French police van cross the mountain border at Claviere, near the Italian ski resort of Sestriere, and officers making two men get out in a wooded area before driving back the short distance to France.

The men are suspected of being migrants of African origin.

Sestriere,_Piemonte,_Italia

Sestriere: Even if they hadn’t crossed the border why would they be dropping off two Africans in a rural area like this?

A French official said the police officers behind the incident were new to the area, adding that their decision to cross the border into Italy without seeking prior permission had been an “error”.

Mr Salvini dismissed the French explanation, saying that “abandoning immigrants in an Italian forest cannot be considered a mistake or an incident”.

Mr Salvini said in a Facebook post: “What happened in Claviere represents an unprecedented offence against our country.

“We are facing an international disgrace, and [French President Emmanuel] Macron cannot pretend nothing has happened.

“I wonder if international organisations, starting with the United Nations and the European Union, do not find it vomit-making to leave people in an isolated area, without any assistance.”

Who are they and where are they?

He added: “Paris must inform us IMMEDIATELY of the identities of the immigrants left in the woods. Names, surnames, nationalities, dates of birth.”

Continue reading here.

See my ‘Invasion of Europe’ archive by clicking here.


Click here to read the full article on its original website.