Will the US Conference of Catholic Bishops ever be honest with parishioners?

I know I’m dreaming to think that one day the Catholic Church would explain to parishioners and the public at large that they depend on millions of taxpayer dollars every year to run their migration program.

Cardinal DiNardo

President of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Cardinal Daniel N. DiNardo of Galveston-Houston. Let’s make a deal, tell the public and your parishioners how many millions you receive each year from the US Treasury for your migration campaign and I will shut up. Not holding my breath!

Here we have one more story where the Bishops are whining about how that mean old Donald Trump might slow the flow of refugees to America.  BUT NOT ONE WORD ABOUT HOW THE BISHOPS’ BUDGET WILL BE IMPACTED!

They want the Administration to admit 75,000 impoverished third worlders to the US beginning October 1, but NOT ONE WORD THAT THEY RECEIVE TAXPAYER DOLLARS ON A PER HEAD BASIS (and the Bishops resettle the largest number of refugees each year).

Maybe many Catholics will think that is all hunky-dory, but they should at least be informed.

Here is the latest from Catholic News Agency:

Washington D.C., Sep 17, 2017 / 04:07 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Trump administration is reportedly planning to further reduce the number of refugees the U.S. will accept in the coming fiscal year, drawing concern from the U.S. bishops and others.

“We’re strongly urging the administration, the President, to set a Presidential determination of at least 75,000 [refugees],” Matt Wilch of the Office of Migration and Refugee Services at the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops told CNA of reported changes to the number of refugees the U.S. plans to accept in the 2018 fiscal year.

The New York Times reported Tuesday that the Trump administration is planning to further reduce the number of refugee admissions for the 2018 fiscal year, “according to current and former government officials familiar with the discussions.”

[….]

Now the administration may be reducing its refugee quota even further, to below 50,000. [Eeek!  I hope it is far below that!—ed]

The Executive Committee of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops said in a written statement Tuesday that they were “troubled and deeply concerned” at reports that the administration was considering the reduction, which they called “inhumane.”

“We implore the administration to show mercy and compassion for those seeking refuge, and to advance the American value of freedom through providing safe harbor to those fleeing tyranny and religious persecution,” the bishops said.

The conference proposed a goal of 75,000 refugees instead. “We think it’s really time to get back to the serious business of saving lives, and we urge the administration to have the total this coming year be 75,000,” Wilch told CNA Thursday.

By the way, the nine contractors (see how much each of them gets from you, here) agreed that 75,000 was the number for this year and have coordinated their lobbying efforts around that number. It is no where near what they asked last year (200,000), but…

I’m guessing they think that is the best they can do and still keep their taxpayer-funded budgets from imploding.

Screenshot (849)

Did taxpayer dollars pay for this pamphlet?

Now, pay attention Catholics!

The Bishops have launched a propaganda campaign described in this American Thinker article (Catholic push for multicultural utopia gets weird) (hat tip: Julia).  I have no time to go in to it in detail, but I strongly recommend that you—Catholics—read it.

Let me be clear!  The Bishops and the church can do whatever they want to ‘educate’ their people, or welcome illegal aliens and refugees as long as they do so as a private entity.

A very simple concept!

The minute the USCCB takes your money and mine (taxpayers!) it becomes our business how they spend it.



Click here to read the full article on its original website.